View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
That guitar certainly will be an eyeful! Look forward to seeing it come to life.
There certainly is a lot going on with that top and Padauk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Outstanding guitars!

I've been interested in padauk for a while now but have never heard or played one before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
I was fortunate to have played that parlour guitar and it has a surprisingly loud and open voice, really nice. Middle of the road between clarity and overtones, good balance. I'd say it would do a good job on most any kind of fingerpicked music. I didn't try it with a flatpick. When I switched to another (larger) guitar, I immediately noticed greater bass, but when I played the parlour, did not seem to feel there was any lack.

And, it's prettier than it appears from the photos. There's a depth you see when looking directly into the wood that you won't get from the side. One of those things you can stare at and keep seeing something new looking back at you.

I was very glad to have been able to play this little beauty and it gave me confidence that I would be well satisfied with a padauk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Very good to hear. Thanks.
In the span between mahogany and rosewood I'd place it fairly centered leaning a little more to the rosewood. I'd say a little more than a good Black Walnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
My goodness! I am very late to this party...

No wonder I have read nothing but raves about Hatcher guitars! These are some of the most beautiful instruments I have ever seen.

I am really impressed with the smooth neck heel and cutaway on the Padouk beauty! I am addicted to 12 frets, and any help getting up the FB is always nice!!!

Carry on, and may your herds increase!!!

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul!

I have an affection for 12 frets also. I feel like they have a little more of an intimate feel and tone. I know that's a pretty subjective observation and an "intimate tone" is more of an emotional response than an objective commentary on the actual tone of 12 frets. Certainly one of the things I love about guitars are the multiple ways we respond to them. For those who say it's only about the tone I can only say, sorry you're missing out!

Mark

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher