View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 11:37 PM

https://youtu.be/apWz-qFGfSU
Just by way of illustration, this is the original I played. You see it’s semi long which prolonged my agony and brief desire to bail. This isn’t from the open mic. I intended this as an Americana tune. I wrote it after seeing a framed pic in an antique shop. It was of a young mountain man looking guy sitting slumped in a chair on the porch of a rustic cabin. The porch was lined with flowerboxes containing obviously dead flowers. I imagined he had recently lost a woman in his life who planted the flowers. The lyrics became the man describing his woman in terms he would observe from his Appalachian environment. In my panic while performing this I thought people weren’t absorbing the story but actually a few replies when the video was posted online by someone had complimentary remarks about it. The organizer of the event said she liked my style. Still, I’d love to have been relaxed and confident when I played it. Now I’m gonna have to battle worries the anxiety will reoccur even though the video didn’t reveal any traces of it!

Last edited by DaveKell; 08-30-2020 at 11:45 PM.