Thread: reverse GAS
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:12 PM
Guest 33123

Default reverse GAS

Hi guys,

I've got that reverse GAS feeling right now. After ~8 years I'm looking at selling my Gibson J-45 Standard and related gear. I keep coming back to the fact that the J-45 does not fit me ergonomically and the past year of trying to make it work for me and using a strap has not alleviated that. While the tone is amazing and the setup is perfect, the body is just too big. I've stuck with it for 8 years because it takes me a long time to make a decision like this. I took me 11 years to decide to sell the last guitar! Luckily I've kept the J-45 in excellent shape and I know how to price it to sell so I think it will move pretty quickly locally. If the J-45 goes the amp, preamp, etc. will follow. I have no new gear "waiting in the wings" so to speak so I'll just bank the cash. I've written up the text of the ads and have taken some nice photos but I haven't posted ads yet. I will give the J-45 the old college try again this week to see if I can still find a way to make it work but I doubt it. It's just time.

Not really asking a question here, just sharing. Maybe you're in the same position.

Last edited by Guest 33123; 01-19-2020 at 07:27 PM.