View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
I guess we are cautious now. I mean so many people were raving about the Bose S1... When I first try it: I was VERY disappointed.

My Bose S1 thread

Similar thing occured when AeroUSA launched the Schatten HFN trend. Many started to rediscover this pickup... Some were delighted, some less impressed. But there was definitely a HFN frenzy.

I've seen no Amp/PA or pickup that convinced everyone in this forum.

The only thing that gets "almost" only praise is Tonedexter because it is such a game changer...

For the rest, it is all about compromise. For example, although I love my JBL compact I don't see any solid reason for Necrome to upgrade from his AH4x4. I need the EQ power, most UST user don't.

It's been few years I read this forum. I started to read threads like "This is the best XXX I ever had!" and asked myself "Maybe it is what I need?".

After few disappointment and coupled 100€s lost, I started to read the threads like "Do I need Hi-Z preamp?", "How do you EQ your SBT?"... I bought Doug Young's special Acoustic Guitar Magazine booklet on amplification and started to educate myself.

I went through all kind of pickups, mic, preamps, EQ pedals, Speakers & amp from all brands... (Taylor, DPA, Baggs, D-TAR, MXR, Headway, Bose, AER, SR, Marshall, Fishman... ).

Then I started to know what I want. I wanted my own IR. ...But Nobody sold it. I wanted what does Tonedexter... and because Tonedexter did not exist... I started to make my own...

To conclude, I see the AGF more as an education place than a promotion place.

Here is a link to Doug Young'd booklet. If one want to go acoustic-electric and has no idea about it. He should buy it. He would save himself some time & money.

https://store.acousticguitar.com/col...ion-essentials
This is essentially true and I'm thankful for it! The forum members' in-depth analysis serves as a great education source for me when it comes to semi big-ticket purchases like the Compact. Products nowadays are mostly compromises with many pros and cons and as a whole, I guess we are more aware of limitations and hence less of "it's great!" or "it sucks!" from individuals.

I'd probably be a little disappointed with the product if I bought it otherwise because we have no option to return/refund it in Singapore The EQ would've been really nice but my primary concern has always been headroom and pure battery-run SPL. If I had more money I would buy it as a sidegrade but here's to waiting for the next big release for acoustic players!

Last edited by necrome; 12-15-2019 at 03:07 PM.