View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Is there really a perfect guitar for everyone? At least in the past Emerald was doing some crazy on-demand custom work. They quickly realized that this wasn't good for a direct sales business model and trimmed the fat.

I've found that the best approach is to adapt to an instrument that you fall in love with and move any others on. At least until you reach rock star status and can afford that killer custom guitar. We are such a finnicky bunch.
I'm not asking for perfect. Or custom. They offer a 1 11/16" nut width and apparently cannot tell you about the neck, other than 'it's smaller'. It's not like it's an unusual question. You can easily find this for Martin's, Taylor's and even Gibson (which I've always had hit or miss with their customer service, pending whose owned them at the time). Plus, you can always go somewhere to measure them yourself, if you had to. But you cannot with an Emerald.

If this is their worst complaint, they are better than 90% of the other companies in the world. I have "adapted' to my older X20, but as I get older, I would like something more comfortable. They offer an option that I think might be better, but would like to know a measurement. A common one, at that. Doesn't seem like a lot to ask before spending $4k on an instrument, to only realize upon delivery that it's not different than what you got. And if I am not their target customer, I can readily accept that fact. But I've researched this and there are several threads regarding this topic. Many asking the same question. So I am not alone, if not in the minority (maybe).

And for the record, I am not angry with them or upset, for that matter. Just surprised, more than anything else. I really want another X20, but at this point, cannot see risking that kind of money, to potentially be in the same spot I am now.