View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxed View Post
What about video/audio recording? The ZOOM Q2n is under $150 on Amazon. 2 built-in mics. Runs on 2-AA batteries or usb power-bank. Decent audio and video settings for a pocket-sized inexpensive scratch-pad idea recording gizmo. And what 16 year old girl wouldn't want to see her "selfie" performing her creations too. Which can be saved to a mini-sd card - laptop, and/or posted online.

I have the first version. It's easy and great to see & hear instant audio/video results right on the units' tiny screen and tiny speaker, or line-out through the headphone jack and video-out connections.

They now have an updated Q2n 4k model for fifty bucks more.

Good luck!
Hi Maxed or anyone else with advice!

I'm thinking of doing the same, get a, Zoom q2n 4k, but wondering if for like $50 more I might be missing out on something a lot better. Is it a big price jump to go a grade better than the q2n 4k? I saw a video of a guy who used a GoPro Hero 6 with a small Rode mic. The Hero 6 is now older and prices came down for that... only he was using it for conferences with his business and not music... For 2 yrs I've had very nice response at open mics and would have started first time coffeehouse gigs to try my music with the general public only the CoVid19 happened. It's just my vocals with guitar and sometimes harmonica. I thought I could post my songs as a video on YouTube to see how the general public likes me as I believe open mic goers are more empathetic and not the real test. I'm just trying to avoid having to learn software like ProTools etc. and keep it simpler that way but have reasonable quality on a low budget. I'm willing to spend $300 and see the q2n 4k, at $250.

Thanks!
Winfred