View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for all for the positive comments so far. I agree that in those glamour photos that bridge looks really good. Thanks, Jim, for the attempt at showing what the color would look like. I've seen color matched tint on exposed CF bridges and it looks really good but I don't think it would be worth the round trip back to Emerald to have it done.

Ray raised some interesting points below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I agree with almost all if your observations about the new X7. But I do question is your statement that the X7 is actually louder than the X20. Mine definitely isn’t.
I'm not sure why but it definitely is. I'm a fingerstyle player with no nails so my playing is generally muted anyway. I don't know if it's the lighter body making it more resonant or the slightly different body cavity design or even the hole location or positioning but it definitely seems louder. Note that in both cases I was wearing the guitar strapped to my body standing and not sitting down. At some point I'll likely do a video review so I'll see if I can replicate it on that but the difference is certainly not huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
There is a real difference in the stock neck shapes of the X7 and the X20 - the X20 feels a good deal slimmer/flatter, the X7 rounder and fatter.
I was happy to read this. I agree that the basic stock shapes between the X7 and X20 are quite different with the X7 being rounder and fatter. This is surely a good part of why the soft V carve is much less noticeable. Alistair alluded to this as well in an email addressing my concerns today.

Looking forward to really putting it through it's paces on Friday and Saturday. If it performs well enough then I might play a gig with it on Sunday! Into the fire, baby!