View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 11:58 AM

Default It's here!

My X20 was delivered yesterday. Keep in mind I am a very low skilled player in this group, I am by no means a professional musician. In addition, I have literally never used a looper or any effects with an acoustic. I have played a total of one song at a closing time open mic with another guitar player.

The guitar itself is well crafted, no flaws to speak of. The Hiscox case is very nice, too. No issues or complaints. The neck feels wide and flat and shallow to me. Perhaps that is a little exagerrated by the visual cue of no fret markers or inlays. It's not uncomfortable, just a little different than my Eastman and Taylor. Perfectly serviceable.

The HyVibe: this thing is a game changer! To have a little reverb or chorus on the couch??!! Amazing. The looper will be my favorite part. It's pretty easy to use (reference my experience level) and it keeps your loops stored, so once you get one just right, you can scroll to it later and skip recreating that wheel.

The effects themselves, some won't be used much, like the distortion, which doesn't sound good. But good news is you can use that "slot" to create your own effect by stacking and tweaking the factory ones. So I'll replace the distortion with some effect I blend as I learn the intricacies.

The app makes playing around much easier, and there's something just cool about having your guitar be a BT speaker on the stand.

For now, I am blown away by the HyVibe and I look forward to 1) practicing leads with the looper and 2) creating my own tailored effects.

I'll echo what I've read a lot: this thing is FUN!