View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
To me, any electronics that require holes on the side of the guitar is unacceptable...to me. Even Taylor's ES. I ordered mine sans electronics and installed my own system. Their is the aesthetic reason, but moreover, electronics are an ever-improving accessory and although a wood acoustic guitar will improve with time, for many, it's a long, even life long instrument, so why install a system that requires holes in the wood when so many options exist that don't where the existing hole will be problematic to try and retrofit with a new set of electronics? Of course, most players don't care, but I do. Jmo.
I couldn't have said it better myself Also may I be so bold in saying...I think the guitars manufactures are increasing their bottom line by putting the preinstalled electronics in their guitars. They make more of a markup that way than a non electronic model. I know they don't pay what we would for the same product. BTW I'm all for capitalism. I'm just trying to justify why more guitars come with pickup systems than don't. If a better pickup comes to market ,and you know it will, and the consumer wants it bad enough they will sell their old guitars with that hole in the side and buy new! Just good business for them to cut that hole in the side.

Joe