View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 04:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Sexauer JZ-16 (2015)

My last fully carved guitar, my 5th, was completed about 5 years ago. Then this last year I was commissioned to make a 000 with a carved back, a little like Santa Cruz was doing a few years ago. It came out better than I expected, and so I was moved to make a sixth archtop, which I completed today. 4 of my others are big at between 17 and 18 inches wide, and one of them was more or less 00 sized as well as having a 23.5" scale. The petite person who commissioned that piece asked for a big dark warm sound despite the size, and surprisingly, we agree that we hit the mark! I wanted something more like an L5, personally, so this new guitar is more to my own taste, and is 16" wide in the lower bout and has a 25.4" scale as that's what I'm used to. I haven't taken pictures yet, though I will, and I'll post some here. In my "blog" thread (Sexauer/'15, chapter 2)in the Custom shop there is something of a build thread on this guitar starting on the 7th page with post #93. Here is a sound clip, 2 tracks, "Talk of the Town"

Last edited by Bruce Sexauer; 01-22-2016 at 01:32 AM.