View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 PM

Default Any photographers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
I believe he means something that I used to think would be a great idea. A digital processor that fits where a 35mm film cartridge does, with a "tongue" that fits over the shutter aperture that is a sensor to capture the image. Nice concept, but probably impractical/impossible to actual achieve. There would have to be some ways of interconnecting the device to the controls of the camera (I am, in particular, thinking of mechanical cameras). In theory, the DX contacts could be used but, again, impractical to implement, IMO.

If I remember, I'll bring the subject up with a friend who designed all the digital stuff for Kodak back in the day,

I think one start up promised to do just that, but it was either a fraud or just never got off the ground.
My idea would be to have the cassette blue-tooth to your phone for some control and backup and a view screen. Possible, But impractical. You would have get it down to 200 dollars and sell a million...just not going to happen. And would the sensor be too thick?
I would love to be able to use my old Konica stuff that way.
And it would be great for photography classes. Students could learn the fundamentals.