View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picker2 View Post
I think you missed my point. No, I never played a V-braced Taylor, but I am confident they are great - they're Taylors after all. I don't know Andy, I never heard him play, but I'm confident he is a fine player and a great luthier. All of those are perfect ingredients for a fantastic Marketing story. So why lower yourself with all this obvious BS? It's unnecessary, and downgrades Taylor as a company. That's my point.
The whole point of marketing is to maximize the value proposition to make the product look as attractive as possible, for the sole purpose to sell as much as possible. You accentuate what you feel are the strong points and hide negatives. ANY competent marketer should do that.

At the end of the day, the quality of the new guitars will speak for itself in the long run. But if you don't drum up interest at launch, you've sabotaged the product from the get-go. I'm guessing Taylor didn't spend all the money and resources on the new design to accompany it with a meek, unexciting product launch.