View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:31 AM

I play with the Bose indoors a lot. Currently I’m using the bigger model S, but have also used the C quite a bit. Here’s my 2 cents worth:

You’re room is acoustically live with lots of echos. Which means you can’t crank up the volume too high without getting feedback. The size of the room is less important than what’s on the walls and ceiling. Also, your room (like all rooms) has a resonance that will accentuate certain frequencies. Which will make feedback more likely.

Take your Bose outside, crank up the volume, stand off to the side and listen to the results. Run a sound track through it so you can walk around and listen to the unit on high volume. You will discover that your room is the problem.

Next, take your Bose into the bedroom, and try the same experiment. Typically bedrooms are less acoustically live because of the bed, curtains and floor covering. When I play indoors, I do so in a smaller room with the Bose aimed into the curtains from a couple feet away. I can get loud enough for practice, but the max volume is going to be about 3 out of 10.

The T1 preamp is fabulous and you will be able to notch out the resonances, and improve the sound a huge amount and reduce the feedback. It’s pricey but worth the price. I played with the C a lot without the T1 before I finally spent the money. You will never regret investing in that piece of equipment. You will thank me for guiding you in that direction. It makes a great PA system into an amazingly high qualty live-sound system for both vocals and instruments. I was always a little frustrated with my Bose units untill I got the T1.