View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

I bought an Eastman 805-an awesome guitar-a few months ago and would offer the following assessment:

I can fingerpick blues and folky stuff, but this guitar comes alive with a stiff pick. I moved away from flatpicking and have been primarily fingerpicking and finger strumming my flattops for a number of years. I do play my 805 this way. It gives a warm, fairly mellow tone when fingerpicked...it's nice, responds well, but is somewhat restrained. It becomes a brash, aggressive beastie under a flatpick. It sounds good under my fingers, again at its best under a pick.

Overall these guitars have a strong acoustic presence. My 805 raised the eyebrows of a guy with whom I jammed recently. He was expecting a more restrained midrange "pokey" character common to archies. Even with a finger strum I hit a E7+9 chord and the guy simply said "Woah!". They're cool guitars!

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually