View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 01:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Jeff, so glad you discovered us, and we you. We are indeed a community. It seems to me there should be a time where we could arrange some regional acoustic jams together and play, chat, nosh, etc. If anyone would be interested in SoCal in helping me put together one this summer, I have two excellent venues in Van Nuys and/or Pasadena. Please PM me here if willing and able.

I'd like to also give a shout out to the moderators. When I joined about five years ago, we had several trolls who used to come in here regularly and poison the well. This was their idea of a good time. It got so bad that Wade and I and others actually talked offline in private on how to manage it, who to avoid, etc. In case you folks don't know, moderating is about the most thankless job in the universe. I couldn't do it for one day, let alone a year. The best mods like to keep a low profile, so I won't embarrass you by calling you out by name; you know who you are.

To the Mods: Thank you for your selfless service in making this one of the best -- and most civil -- forums on the net. This doesn't happen on its own.

And Jeff, thanks for taking the time to post.

scott memmer