View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
Nice work Brian. What woods are you using?

Must be a real chore to live with that view on a daily basis ; )
Thanks! The first guitar is Madagascar rosewood back, sides, head plate, and will feature Madagascar for the bridge and binding as well. The top is Swiss spruce I purchased from Stephen who had purchased it about 20 years before hand and the neck is Spanish cedar with an inlaid wenge reinforcement.

Every night when I watch the sunset over the Mediterranean while drinking a beer on my balcony I wish for something prettier to look at haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
Your work looks very clean, Brian. I really like the woods you've chosen and your "aesthetic flair"!

Seeing the picture of your view has made me very nostalgic. I lived in Granada back in the early 1980s and loved it ! I used to take the bus down to Motril and back four days a week to teach English classes. Motril was anything but charming, but Salobreña, Almuñécar and La Herradura defintely were, and then some!

You are a brave young man to go to such extremes to pursue your passion for guitar-building and a very lucky one indeed to be quarantined in such a beautiful part of the world. ¡Enhorabuena!
Thank you! La Herradura was the first place in Spain I ever visited and after spending a month here at 20 I was completely in love with my surroundings. I feel very blessed to be back in this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi, this old Brit is jealous of your location. I have an old fried living in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, overlooking Granada, and I know of a British luthier called John Evans who lives in Nerja, mostly building his version of Gibson L-1s. (mine was made with Cypress B&S!)
A wonderful part of the world!

You "work in process" pics say precision and careto me, so i really hope that it all works out for you.

One suggestion, at this time, maybe don't wear that grey T-shirt?

Mantente seguro!
Thanks! Before the quarantine my Norwegian friend Harald had brought me to an open mic in Nerja. A lovely village. A friend and I had a running joke about GG Allin and he surprised me with this ridiculous T shirt for my birthday last year. In hindsight it's probably not the best thing to wear in today's climate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mott View Post
Brian, that first rosette is one of the nicest I’ve seen here in years, wonderfully complex in detail but also simple and minimalist. Beautiful!
Thanks so much! I've taken much of my design for the rosette from two french makers who worked a century apart from each other, Rene Lacote and Robert Bouchet