View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

If you read the whole thread you'll learn a lot.

I've been shooting iphone videos for years. It's gotten better and easier. The newer phones (I have an XR) have great battery length and you can get an hour long recording in. I started taking videos on a 3. Things have gotten much better since then.

You need a stereo microphone for your phone. For the old iphones I used a Tascam model. Since then I moved into the Zoom models; the iQ5 & iQ7 are the best of that series. But lately I've tried the Shure MOTIV. And I think that is the winner. Sometimes with the Zoom mics I would get a recurring small blip in the recording audio. That was happening on my iphone 6S. I upgraded to the XR and it was still there. I bought new Zoom iQ7 and it was still there. So I tried the Shure MOTIV and it went away. The overall quality of the sterreo audio from the Zoom and Shure are comparable. I really can't tell a diff. So I use the Shure now. In either case the condenser stereo audio is MUCH better than the bland mono audio from the phone's built in microphone.