View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
One other thing I'll mention that might bear on wrist tension and tendonitus -- I started fingerstyle with my pinky bracing my right hand, extended and straight. But now my hand has settled into what I think is a less stressed position resting on the uppermost knuckle of my pinky. Seems a more relaxed position that also allows a little more range of small adjustments to the wrist angle. Clearly it's crappy form but could offer a doable minor adjustment if OP is looking for ways to get stress off a certain tendon or nerve.
I also used to do the equivalent of a death-grip pinkie anchor, which contributed to pain. I don’t know if I made it clear, but I no longer have any pain - a combination of changing the tension when anchoring, and also changing my wrist position depending on what i’m doing have made me pain free for months now.

I have made a concerted effort to use the more standard right hand position when I can, but I typically vary the position during a song - this is the best strategy I’ve found for avoiding fatigue and pain.