View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Barry After trying to match level match the two samples In general I like both they are different but both are to my mind reasonable use for solo acoustic, so one is not "better" per se. For me for that specific song, I slightly prefer the 1st. Because I agree with Dirk_Z it is a bit darker

Perhaps we and you might focus on the more basic questions or issues .

The level difference (for A/B comparison) is a major and arguably "the" basic issue. As noted by folks here this would in fact be the first priority to get put to rest.
Otherwise any attempts for you or us to to compare and analyze objectively will be very problematic . It is somewhat loosely akin to attempting to solve a leaky plumbing issue by addressing drainage solutions as opposed to finding the source of the leak.

Now I am listening back on my laptop with earbuds and there is no question, the second track is noticeably louder (I am referring to the overall level).
SO ??? if as you say on your computer they sound the same volume wise .

Then I would suggest there is something very very strange going on in your system somewhere. In fact I have no clue as to why that might be so, because (all things being equal) it kind of defies common sense logic.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4