View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
So sorry, AE.

I hope you find something soon. I know very few people to whom money is no object.
I understand, Jim, and wouldn't say money is no object for me, either. On the other hand, I love what I do so much that (please don't tell my boss!) I would pay them for the opportunity! In fact, I retired from it a couple of years ago, after nearly 50 years of it, and am now back at it part time - not because I have to, but because I love it that much. (It is musical ministry, but I am being careful not to cross the line our forum rule draws.)

Once, when I was between positions, I worked three part time jobs. By day I was a substitute teacher (any subject, but often music related), by day, a mall cop by night, and an interim music leader in a church - roughly 100 hours of work a week, for almost 2 years. I would occasionally earn extra money doing weddings, funerals, or performing, and on several occasions anonymous donations of food, money, or even clothing would show up. I should have been completely exhausted, but I wasn't at all! I was energized, and I made friends through all this that I retained even now, years later. It paid the bills without our having to go far into debt, and allowed our son to graduate high school with his class. After that, a new and better full time position opened up, in miraculous ways I cannot begin to explain.

I wouldn't want to live as I did for those two between years permanently, but I found that I could endure for the short term much more than I ever thought I could! Of course, there is more to this story, but I cannot get into all that here...

I am praying for you now, my friend!

cotten