View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguy View Post
Anyone had success adjusting the nut string spacing on a GS Mini without having the high and low E fall of the side? I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a GS Mini loving the sound and playability but getting caught up in the 1.6875 nut width (and I don't have big hands). I sure wish Taylor would offer a 1 3/4 option or upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions - please don't tell me get used to it, I've been playing for a long time and 1 3/4 is what I play.
Thanks!
If you want to widen string spacing on a guitar so the strings are near the edge of the F.board, it is perhaps a good option to refret with a very close-to-vertical fret bevel to give more playing surface on the frets. Other than that, a new neck, or a different guitar with wider neck.

I have some clients whose guitars are set up with strings nearly at the edge of the fret playing surface and edge of the f.board. Myself, I'd never like a guitar set up like that, but some guitarists are fine with this. Different strokes for different folks. I like butterscotch, others like chocolate ice cream. Neither is better or worse, just different.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia