Thread: Disappointment
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:31 PM

I've had good experiences buying used from GC, but it quickly becomes apparent that not all GCs are created equal. What I do is use the online email to contact the store with questions. At least half the time I never hear back, so those stores get crossed off the list. Those that do reply usually do so fairly quickly, another good sign, and I request more pictures. That way I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting. If I decide I want it, I call the store and talk to whoever emailed me the pictures, and they can answer any final questions I have. I've always offered a little less than they have it listed for, and each time it's been accepted. And the local return gives me a final backup.

Granted I've bought fairly popular guitars, so I've always had a handful to choose from. If I wanted something that only one store had, I'd call and insist on more pictures or I'd probably steer clear.

I got a nice surprise on an FSR telecaster I bought. It said it came with a case, which I never asked about - I figured it was a cheap gig bag or something - but when I opened the box, I was looking at a $100 tweed hardshell case in perfect condition. So there are some good GCs out there and some good deals to be had.

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"