Thread: Disappointment
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 03:10 PM

That is par for the course at GC. I have and will buy used from them in the future but it is a mine field. I have ordered three guitars sight unseen that I received grossly inaccurate in hand descriptions over the phone. Since the buyer eats shipping and it is just as easy to resell the guitar at another GC location once it is returned, it seems their policy is to get the guitar out to the consumer and deal with the problems later, even if that means being dishonest. I would go so far as to call it deceitful, as a trained salesperson of guitars cannot miss certain discrepancies while giving an excellent condition and description of a guitar. If that salesperson can miss such discrepancies they should not be selling guitars.

I have in the past called up my local GC to get in hand descriptions on used guitars that I have already auditioned in store. I can tell you from the conditions I have noted instruments to be in and the condition they described those instruments to be in, they have a systematic propensity towards knowingly deceitful description of their inventory. Without the generous return policy it would border on criminal misrepresentation.

If the deal is good enough, I consider the shipping cost as a rental fee on the trial period. Their return policy is 45 days typically no questions asked. I usually ship to the store and pick it up there so the condition of the guitar cannot be blamed on me if and when it is returned.

There is a reason they do not post hi-rez images of the guitars they sell. You could always request higher resolution images from the salesperson. Nowadays, those can be taken with a phone and texted to a customer in a matter of seconds. If they refuse that should tell you something.