View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Smile My PLEASURE!

My pleasure to sing John's praises

Folks, I was listing John Kinnaird's STANDARD FEATURES, which at many companies would be UPGRADES.

I asked for the elevated fretboard extension and the CF struts on last year's BROWN BOMB Round Peak Mahogany/Cedar 12 fret cutaway with BIG BEVELS, and a port. (#135) "I like big bevels and I can not lie!"

The Brown Bomb has raised the bar! I am convinced the freely moving top and super rigid neck and sides really make a big improvement in the already spectacular tone and volume. (#128 is very similar minus the elevated FB extension and Cf struts.)

Judging by the response of a couple well known AGFers who played her at John's shop when first strung up, I am not alone in this assessment! I was lucky to not have her bought out from under me! Haha

I also have had JK do custom neck carves for my old small beat up left hand. The first was very similar to his neck on #99 which I got from Mike/Woody. I liked that neck so much I sent the axe back to JK to almost copy. But I asked for a slight asymmetrical carve as well, which then became my FAVE!

Ya just can't get this stuff from the big guitar companies or even many small shops or individual builders.

It makes my many hour long troubadour gigs a lot easier on my left hand and shoulder.

My goal is to retire when I am dead... far far in the future!

Happy picking

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 12-05-2017 at 01:18 AM.