View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 04:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
You can do what people are suggesting in Audition. Just switch to a MultiTrack session, and there is a "send" button in the upper left corner of the track area. For things like reverb, delay and others, you can "send" the signal to a "bus" (just another channel, really), where you place the reverb. There are lots of ways to handle effects, but this approach is a technique worth figuring out. You can do all kinds of things on a bus before and after a reverb (for example) that you can't do if you apply it directly to a track. For example, EQ before and/or after the reverb. Or a delay before the reverb. I often place a "declick" plugin in the reverb bus and set it to be quite aggressive. If I did that the way you're set up, it would have an impact on the track, but by placing it on a bus, the direct sound is untouched, but I keep clicks and any other noises from pinging the reverb and making them stand out even worse.

I'm sure there are lots of tutorials on using multi-track and sends in audition, I'd poke around. I haven't uses Audition for mixing in ages, so I'm not up on exactly how to do it, but it looks pretty straightforward with a quick look.

BTW, I notice that Audition has a convolution reverb built-in, that can load impulses from any of the free libraries.
I think I might poke my eye out...

For now I'll use the keep it simple method of recording and eq'ing, but I'll read up on this, thanks.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: