View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Lots of inquiries but no sale yet.

I get this question a lot, so I'll try to address it here. A lot of people assume that because I'm selling a particular guitar it must be inferior to the others in my collection . . . some are even suspicious that I'm trying to unload a "dog."

I have sold a lot of nice guitars over the years for no reason other than I wanted something different, wanted the money for something else, or - as is the case now - I just want to downsize a bit. It has never been a reflection on the guitar's quality. In this case, I already have four of Laurent's guitars with more on the way. This Brondel is fantastic, is a reflection of Laurent's mastery of guitar building, and has gorgeous tone. As it happens, so do the other three I have from him and so the choice of which one to sell when I'm downsizing largely comes down to splitting hairs. The sound is glorious. The pernambuco back and sides are wonderful and clear and look beautiful in person. There is nothing inferior or undesirable about this guitar at all. It's just part of my normal buying and selling waves. If I could keep them all, I would.

I'm happy to supply references for guitars I've sold to those of you who may still remain uneasy. I have bought and sold a wide variety of guitars on this forum, as well as the Gear Page. And I'm a former moderator here.

Very well said. Juston, you are my brother from another mother, but you are a far superior guitar player. We are both inflicted with the same disease, commonly referred to as GAS. A blessing and a curse.

I could cry when I think of the guitars I have sold over the past 20 years. But it was always to chase another obsession.

I would love to have this guitar but the timing is not good for me. Juston is as righteous as they come. Buying a Brondel from Juston is a no brainer. Grab it while you can.