View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 01:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychojohn View Post
Awesome builds Mark. I listened to the clips of the BRW and Swiss Spruce compared to the Indian RW and Engleman spruce. Both sound beautiful, but to my ear there is more of a crystaline clarity to the tone of the BRW guitar. To what do you attribute this ? Woods (top vs B&S) ? Guitar body style ? Makers secrets ?

John
Hi John,

I'm glad you can detect that difference in these guitars. The difference is to accommodate the request of two different clients. The BRW Josie is for someone who already owns several BRW guitars and loves what BRW are known for being that more crystalline sound and a little more of a natural reverb. My client for the Indian Rosewood Greta was looking for a guitar with more of a low end leaning. So what's different in the guitars? Well, the BRW client got a BRW back and side which I matched with a bit stiffer Swiss Moon Spruce top and voicing. The Greta, looking for bigger bass, got the Indian Rosewood which already tends to lean that way and a bit softer Engelmann top voiced more for monopole. I really do try to give them what they ask for!

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright