View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

I really love my OF660, however with a caveat.

I love it for what it is and what it affords me which is basically a travel guitar that plays nicely and sounds decent.

I have an Emerald x 20 - 12 and a Blackbird El Capitan (and an X30 soon on the way), none of which is suitable for traveling; for me and my assumption of risk. The OF660 is (IMHO) built like a tank and fills a very specific niche.

It breaks down into its awesomely designed case, that was designed very specifically to meet the carry-on requirements for airlines. There would never be any special requirements that you would run into from the airlines with this particular instrument.

I think some assumptions here are also in order in regards to what one considers traveling. If one considers traveling very specifically to include airline travel, the 0F660 is almost in a league of it's own, again, depending on the owners level of risk they are willing to accept. Although I do not own an X7, I would have some serious anxiety trying to bring it on a plane with me because if for some reason they wouldn't allow it it would have to go into the cargo hold...which would freak me out. :-)

YMMV....

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Last edited by TheChicagoTodd; 05-27-2019 at 05:31 PM.