View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I think you're reversing your earlier logic about how having a good instrument helps you learn :-) If everyone here waited until we were making money off music to get recording gear, you wouldn't hear many recordings! I'd dare say almost no one makes money off home recording. In fact, it's arguably cheaper, at any given quality point, especially if you factor in time for learning, to just go to a studio. I suspect most people do it because they enjoy it, so they invest in it, both time and money, the same as other aspects of playing the guitar.
That's actually a very, very good point.

Truth be told I have been looking forward to seeing what I can do with a DAW. I'm sure there's lots of stuff I don't know about yet I'll be able to get creative with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louparte View Post
Don't rule out the iPad. No need for a sound card. There is an revolution occurring right now in DAW's and it is all about migrating to iPad. My iPad will be my DAW hardware for years to come. And I'm a PC guy. I'm no Apple fanboy.
Is there a portable interface to connect multiple mics to an iPad? I know you can do the whole "iPad->Camera Kit->Powered USB Hub->Sound Card" thing, but that doesn't really count as something portable.