View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 02:04 PM

I read the news late last night of his death. I'd never heard of him (I think I'd vaguely heard of his band the XRays). The bit I read mentioned a few of his songs, none of which I had any memory of either, though some of them appeared on albums that I'm pretty sure I've listened to all the way through.

The bit I read on his death linked this vlog from just over a month ago. He talks a bit about his touring life and he is intentionally generous in mentioning those connected with it.

Over halfway in this clip he plays one of his songs, a sad and beautiful narrative song which represents his work as being at a fairly high level.

Again: I'd never even heard of him. That's a commentary on talent and this big world now isn't it.

(I've removed a point I had in this post, that on reconsideration I think is best made elsewhere)

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

Last edited by FrankHudson; 01-20-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: reconsideration