View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 04:56 PM

And there she is..... a quick tune. None of the tuner knobs more than a half turn!!!!

Sound: Amazing. Not overly loud, of course, but rich and balanced. Good sustain. Nice low tones! Neck: NICE. My favorite nut width (1-3/4") 14 fret to the body the neck is smooth, good profile, plays NICE. No buzz, no rattles. CLEAN!

Fit. Even though it's small it's not stupid light which makes it a little more solid in your lap. In fact, at 5 lbs it's 20% heavier than my Rainsong WS... And unlike the LAVA it has a waist, so it's not slip slidin' away! (If only the waist was at an angle like the Emerald......)

Overall: I LOVE THIS THING. It's perfect for what I want it to do and that is travel. But, when I get there I get to play a very reasonable facsimile, albeit a little smaller, of my CF's at home. Similar sound and neck. AWESOME.

And, finally the stupid jokes are going to STOP!

OK, there's a story there I have to tell you. I drive airplanes for a living which is how guitars travel with me, as i have room for them in the cockpit. The Captain says this is where his guitar goes..... that's where his guitar goes. I fly mostly overseas where I am then in a hotel room for 24 hours. Aside from napping and trying to do damage control on yet another circadian disruption I have the time to play. Company puts me in nice hotels, with good sound proofing and so far no one has banged on the door yet, even at 3am. (I try to not rock out too hard.) Problem with a guitar case on your back while in uniform is that suddenly everyone is a comedian. "OH, you gonna entertain us too?" The first 50 times it was funny. And I retort with "Did you pay the $50 live music surcharge?" Haha. Me funny too. Anywho, this problem is now gone. Just another bag on my wheeled pile of possessions. Did I mention I LOVE this thing?

Get one, it's the real deal and if you travel it's a no brainer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 5.55.55 PM.jpg (33.7 KB, 187 views)
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog

Last edited by oscarvan; 01-06-2020 at 05:12 PM.