View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
It's a wood guitar to the general public. I'll report if anyone notices.

That was the reason for the "winkie" I put in my statement. I recall a few comments over the years with Emerald's veneers about "a carbon fiber guitar trying to look like wood." I didn't give any credence to that, as I think the Emerald woodies are gorgeous. In my mind, it makes good sense for RainSong to offer this Vintage, as their body shapes tend to be traditional. It also gives them a "wood top look" without looking like they are copying.

I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference of this Vintage from a Martin dreadnought from a distance... and that's from 50+ years of guitar passion.

When I first got the RainSong Shorty, I was playing for a group of about 200, when between songs a friend in the audience shouted out, "Tell 'em about your guitar!" I mentioned the carbon fiber and the sharks (I was playing for a boat manufacturer sponsored gathering), and was surprised by the number of people who came up to get a closer look later. I was surprised by the interest... seems that it is generally just other guitar players who show any interest in your equipment.

I anticipate you will get plenty of "Nice guitar" comments with this new one, but you will have to offer, "Guess what it is made from?" to spread the good word about CF.