View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:29 AM

Default Nylon Crossover Under $1000

I've just returned from a two week vacation in Spain, caught a flamenco show in Grenada, heard numerous excellent street musicians in and around Barcelona. I guess I've caught Spanish guitar fever. I know very little about nylon guitars having only played steel string, but I really loved the sound of nylon and would like to purchase one.

From the research I've done since coming home, I'm interested in a couple of Cordoba models, the C9 Crossover, the GK Studio Negra and the Fusion Orchestra CE. For those who have experience playing any/all of these models, do you have a recommendation? I can't say with any certainty I will end up learning classical guitar, but I will use it for folk, fingerstyle, light strumming with vocals.

I know I should try to hunt these down in person, I can try out the Fusion Orchestra CE near me and can find a used GK Studio Negra in roughly an hour's drive to try, but trying out a C9 Crossover would require a 5+ hour roundtrip. I was hoping for some feedback and recommendations here first as to whether the C9 Crossover is head and shoulders better than the other two before making that 5+ hour drive to try out. Thanks!