View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 07:23 AM

I did some research on Archtops and semihollow bodies recently....I believe Heritage is the way to go; Ed Roman seems like a bit of a jerk (see his website) but if you know what you want he may have the best deal. He special orders his own specs from Heritage in many cases, the guy is super -opinionated...I also talked to Ren at the Heritage shop directly . It's not a bad idea to call them with questions, they are very accessible. Also check out Wolfe guitars in florida...I have heard great things about Mr. Wolfe and his prices are excellent too. he carries a lot of heritage. he has a website, check Google.

Finally, I know Gibson has the great name, but I have to warn you, I have talked to several dealers (and one ex-authorized repair man) who have dumped them for lack of quality control and after sale service. Try calling the Gibson shop with a question and see how hard it is to get somebody. If you buy a new one , be careful. They are gorgeous but you're paying extra for the name definitely.