View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:06 AM

I don't get it. Can someone explain what is so exciting? And perfect and innovative?

Brands like Ibanez have been making thin-bodied, laminate guitars with cutaways, that are mainly designed to be played plugged in for years. Decades. So have Ovation. I can't see anything new here at all, except that Martin have finally been brought kicking and screaming into the 1980s.

I don't see it as being any more innovative than this :
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...Gear4music/ENG

Not saying the build quality isn't 100x higher than a £75 shop own brand MIC guitar, or that Martin aren't allowed to step into a slightly different market segment, or that is isn't a great guitar, but that doesn't make it innovative.

As for their "we've supported the fingerboard with the neck all the way down so it doesn't sit on the soundboard..." well that's great and sensible and Taylor has been doing that for over 20 years now. Again, nice to see, but hardly new.

I'm not bashing.... I just genuinely don't get it why this is so exciting unless you've been living under a Martin branded rock and never heard of a slim, comfortable acoustic geared towards amplified use.

Last edited by RalphH; 01-19-2020 at 12:32 PM.