View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
That's certainly their goal. It's actually a bit surprising, when you consider how long their main competitor has had the Aura, that they haven't done this until now. But they've taken a different approach, so there are benefits to waiting. Fishman didn't have an option to leverage the supercomputer that's in everyone's hands now back when they first did the Aura.
Presumably Mama Bear is one of the early not-Aura IR products sold to acoustic guitarists. It would appear whatever patent protection Fishman had with their license of the original Aura is not worth enforcing or unenforceable.

I think LR Baggs has always had an eye towards how to get a great sound with excellent battery life. Clearly something Aura can't do (and Taylor's ES systems seem to almost go out of their way to not do).

The cell phone angle avoids the Audio Sprockets patent, reduces the product cost, and saves the end user from having to own a mic. Also the cell phone is a much friendlier software development environment compared to a RTOS in a pedal, but the Android/IOS problem means some work needs to be done twice.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields