View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Does anyone know if you can download impulses to this? I have a Godin Multiac with an LB6 pickup, but that wouldn't be much of an acoustic source for programming an impulse.
There actually have been a few Multiac models which employ Aura IC (IC for image casting) to model the sound of regular acoustic guitars. The thin-bodied Multiacs have proven to be a good platform guitar for modeling. For your particular Multiac, however, it would probably be best to use the Soundscape box and your smart phone to get a Voiceprint from a nice acoustic guitar which has the same model of pickup (Baggs LB6) installed.

I once had a little 00 size Cort guitar with a Fishman UST which sounded great with one of the OM sound images in the Aura Spectrum DI. I was essentially modeling with the Spectrum and that guitar.

James May has used ToneDexter and a Yamaha Silent guitar to model with a WaveMap created from a UST-equipped regular acoustic.

I just bought a small-bodied, all-mahogany Alvarez guitar which might be good for modeling. (Mahogany tops are said to produce fewer overtones than other top woods.) Tomorrow I'll experiment a bit and try using it with a variety of ToneDexter WaveMaps created with larger guitars.