View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
That’s funny.

Myself, I can’t count the number of times I e had to wait interminably for some old codger to write a check at the grocery store, holding up the entire line. Takes longer than the entire checkout process.

Then there are the aging boomers who can’t figure out how to insert a chip card. Swipe 4 or 5 times, ignoring the cashier telling them it’s a chip only machine while we all wait. Finally they listen to one of us and we can move on while they grouse about how things used to be simpler...for them, I presume.

Then other classic is the elderly cashiers who can’t seem to figure out which button on the point of purchase machine they need to press so I can speed up the line with Apple Pay. Should take two seconds and I’m out. Can take up to a minute while we all wait patiently for them to figure out what seems to be a core job skill.

I guess we all have to be patient with folks who don’t adapt to change readily.
Exactly... another thing that kind of bugs me is if you're waiting in a long line at check out, and in that 5 to 10 minutes of waiting, they don't get their cash out or their card out. Then they go to pay and spend a minute fumbling through their purse or whatever and then start looking for a card, or start counting their cash. Come on people, get your money or card out while you are waiting.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s