View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
I'm thinking about adding a foot percussion tool for when we're playing out. Not full on Avett/Mumford style, just something at low volume to add a bit more thump to the beat. No store near me has any inventory to speak of, so I am turning to y'all for some input. What are pros and cons of an actual kick drum vs. a wooden stomp box (with internal mic) vs. fully electronic like the Roland SPD One Kick? For you guitarist/singers, was it hard to become competent? Is it really like just amplifying the foot tap that I'm already doing? We play through 12" powered speakers, will they have enough bottom end to be satisfying? What else do I need to think about?

Thanks! BTW, posting this here even though slightly off-topic because this seems like the most likely group to have some experience. Mods, feel free to move.
I had this same existential crisis a few months ago. I lost my mind and bought a drum set and am now taking lessons. I was only looking for a foot tambourine. I bought one of those too. And I dont use it.

Sorry, I brought nothing to the discussion. Except maybe a cautionary tale.

And a suggestion to search "Moon Loungers" on YouTube. Those fellas will probably help you figure out what you want to do if you get tired of the Finhol

Last edited by Johnny K; 04-13-2018 at 12:43 PM.