View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyAxe View Post
...As to what others say about minimum watts, minimum speaker size, etc ... well, I do MANY gigs with a micro sized GK MB200 to a GB STL-8 8" cab ... my "mini rig of doom". For my country band I use a GB Shuttle 6.0 to one or two STL-12 cabs...
A few points:
  • The G-K head is cranking 140W into an 8 ohm load - about right for a moderate-volume gig with a low- to medium-efficiency (97dB/1W/1M or less) cab...
  • That GB 8" cab is -10dB@58Hz - assuming flat response to about 75-80Hz you're losing the fundamentals of your entire bottom octave (the "feel" factor in bass I mentioned above); betcha there's a whole big bunch of skull-splintering highs, though, especially with that tweeter (for which both Jeff Berlin and I have yet to find a single legitimate use in a bass amp - hope you're not using roundwound strings )...
  • Your GB Shuttle 6.0 is pumping 600W into a pair of 12" cabs; um, didn't I suggest 12"/15"/18" speakers and big power if you want real bottom end and headroom out of your rig - at any volume...
I fail to see your point...