Thread: The West Wing
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

The West Wing is my all-time favorite TV show. The writing (love Aaron Sorkin's writing), directing, acting, heck - even the lighting was a game changer on that show. I've watched the series dozens of times from start to finish. It's what I wish real politics was like.

I love that even though Sorkin chose a Democrat administration they never demonize the opposition instead showing that they have real and honest opinions and concerns that need to be discussed and debated openly, fairly and rationally. Mostly, anyway.

If you're into podcasts there was one called The West Wing Weekly (I think) where they discussed the show episode by episode, breaking each one down oftentimes with guest actors, writers and directors from the show on to comment. I enjoyed listening to that as well.

Sorkin has some amazing writing credits and I never tire of his shows and movies. He wrote 'A Few Good Men', 'The Newsroom', 'Sports Night' and another favorite of mine (that sadly got canceled after just one season) 'Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.' Check them out as well.