View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 AM

An older thread, but I will recap on my enjoyment of the Boss - I had the TC PA and when the Boss came out, I headed to an electro type shop that stocked them, bought it, had it working moments after it was home it is so easy with the knobs to do the settings.

I don’t alter much except levels - all I really wanted was a few treatments like you do when recording.....small splash of reverb and delay on the vocals and guitar. I could superglue most settings I use. But I run it direct by the XLRs to a mixer and via usb to Garageband on my iMac and I have been very, very pleased with the clear sound. (I don’t use the resonance feature - I usually use a dual source guitar with internal mic and it works through the Boss beautifully.)

Now, a couple of strange foibles I have come across with my unit. I have the delay on the guitar on ‘room’ and it is suppose to have the same settings as last time you played it, but every time I turn it on, the button needs to be touched once to make sure it is delay or I get chorus! You can save your settings to a bank, but again, when clicking through saved ones....the delay alters at random!

Don’t care though - I just keep an eye/ear on it and the sound is just fabulous. Great idea, Mr Boss whoever you are! Wish I had the gadget years ago!

BluesKing777.