View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacf View Post
It’s just not possible in my case. My music gear shares the room with a lot of stop-motion animation equipment and there’s not a lot of room to move, never mind add in any acoustic treatment. The positive is that there aren’t many flat surfaces but it’s pretty random. However, I’ve been getting decent results with what I’ve got, but that’s just been for demos so far. I’m in my 60s now but I’ve been lucky enough over the years to record in a number of great studios both here in Scotland and down in London and I know the value of a great recording space. But my aim here is to see if I can do the basic recording at home and then take the tracks in to be finished in a proper studio. I guess it will become clear really quickly if I’m kidding myself once I hear my recordings back through the studio monitors, in a properly treated control room, sat next to a perplexed and glowering studio engineer. Haha! Can’t wait!
Hello there, I'm curious if you've come to any decisions concerning the above? Thanks!