View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Default Post-gig update plus gig bag thoughts

As I promised, I wanted to post an update after the guitar had been used for a couple gigs. I've now used the Black Ice dread on four gigs in the last two weeks and it performed great, as expected. Three gigs were all-acoustic at very small assisted living homes where the room being played in was basically a small living room with between 3 and 7 residents. As hoped, the larger body and Black Ice model standard CF build made for a louder and clearer tone which is especially critical for the few mellow fingerstyle songs we play.

The fourth gig was at a new assisted living facility center that was much larger. They told us we would play all acoustic but the photos I saw of the function rooms on their website looked large so I brought my little Bose S1 Pro 'just in case'. Sure as heck, the room was large and rectangular with us at the long end and they filled the room. So I plugged in the S1 and it worked very well. The LR Baggs Element StagePro pickup system works very well with the S1 since the signal is hotter than the Anthem StagePro in my RainSong Nashville.

These gigs also marked the first use of the RainSong branded gig bag that I got from Ted at LA Guitars. RainSong has discontinued this gig bag and when they did Ted bought out their remaining stock. I like the look of the black bag with tan trim. The RainSong logo is tastefully embroidered on the front. It has two large zippered pockets on the bottom and a smaller zippered pocket on the top. The quality is very good and should work well and last a long time. I much prefer the lightweight and versatility of a well-made gig bag for CF guitars.

I'll post a photo shortly.