View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:47 PM

Gotta go with the Niners. Mahomes is the best player on the field but I think the totality of the 49ers run game and defensive front wins it.

FWIW, I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. My father and I used to go to games at Candlestick Park when it was possible to show up, buy a ticket, and sit virtually anywhere in the stadium. This was during the 1970s when the team was awful. I remember sitting behind the 49ers benches in the lower seats and being able to hear the players talking to each other.

Enter Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott et al., and we could no longer afford tickets to games. But I remained loyal for life. What a fun time to be a young boy and have a hometown team dominate throughout elementary, middle, and high school, much like young adult Patriots fans have experienced in this generation.

I'll be hosting a Super Bowl party and will have all of my old 49er memorabilia on display.
Preston Thompson: O Koa