View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 08:15 AM

I had that a few years ago. It got so bad I was losing use of my left hand, fingers wouldn't work. They would cramp up at times and I had to work them for several minutes to loosen them. I had surgery and after a couple years my use is about 90% normal. I started playing lightly 3 months after the surgery. If I bump it or even place it on a hard surface as a table I feel the sharp jab in my elbow. A padded arm chair also if the wood support is lightly padded.

After my surgery i researched it further and found I possibly could have lessened the symptoms. First do not rest your elbows on a hard surface, it really aggravates the nerve. Do easy stretching several times a day. Use ice or NSAID to reduce swelling if it gets painful. I ended up selling my Taylor since the thin neck caused cramping in my fretting hand. V-necks don't work for me either. Find what really fits you. Before the problem I played everything.

I still have to avoid resting on my elbows since the nerve was moved out of its pocket. I wish I had known these things before going for surgery. I don't know if it could have been avoided, but I would rather try. Be aware and honest about what causes your problem. Wish you well. And I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV.