View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaCovers View Post

In regards to running the app while doing the recording and savings, I have not tried that yet. So, do you save it and then edit it? Do you play through the PA and edit the IR in “real time”? I didn’t know you could do that but it sounds very handy.
I do load up the app with the Optima on and connected to my PC via USB. This is for MIDI over USB only I do not use the top right hand USB Audio !
I connect an audio cable from one of the outputs on the Presonus 192 - not the main outs as that monitors the input but gets muted when actually recording so as not to affect the mic recording. That audio cable gets plugged into the RETURN socket on the optima. I leave the output cable connected to the Fishman. (NB for anyone with a simple audio interface, say output 1/2 only then run audio out from ch1 and you can monitor thru headphones)

So NO I do not play in real time. I record on the Optima and save the IR which pops up immediately on the app. I can then adjust gain, lo and hi cuts, change the IR name to KOA STD date, in my case - save it via app. Restart Optima and try it out.

To repeat another IR, I go back to record mode on the Optima and this time using the select knob save to another slot and repeat above but rename to e.g. KOA STD 2 date (in app). This way I can change the multiband compressor in Studio one to alter the guitar signal. So using my DAW I can input the signal / apply FX / and output that new signal without actually recording the signal - it's all part of the monitoring process.