View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 01:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

I am very excited to be working with Paul and the guys at Dream guitars on this SJ. We talked about doing an SJ a couple of times, and the time seemed right so we got this one going. I am in the midst of a bunch of other things, so this one will not be the only guitar I am working on at the moment (but that is the norm.) Having some time between processes will work out well for both Paul and I as it will give us a chance to let a couple of things sit as we make some ascetic decisions. In the meantime I can fit in some other work too. It is awesome working with Paul as he really knows guitars as well is anybody.

I will try to take some more photos of the process along the way. We are working out some details on the rosette at the moment, but we are thinking something based on the spiral stuff I do, possibly in the realm of the multi-piece one I did on another SJ a while back. We are going to let that one cook a little.

Here is a shot I sent Paul about possible headstock material. By the way, the part on the right is a template.

Here are a couple more shots of the SJ in progress:

Layout the back bracing

The back getting its reinforcement strip

As I mentioned, I am very excited about putting this one together.