View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 05:42 AM

[QUOTE=Captain Jim;5776386]That last thread went to 300 posts. If you are in this forum, then you know carbon fiber, or you are curious about carbon fiber. There are plenty of us here who are confirmed carbon fiber players... but, there is more to each of us than the guitars we choose. I am starting this thread as a continuation of the two previous threads that went to 300 posts.

As long as the mods allow it, I am good with topic wandering. Some of you know that I am a passionate guy; guitars and motorcycles have been a constant in my life for 50+ years. The Blonde who makes me want to be a good man has been by my side for almost that long. She is my favorite audience and makes me feel appreciated.

I am also passionate about this Carbon Fiber sub-forum - the people who make this place special are friendly and welcoming. If we were to all get together, there would be a lot of talk about carbon fiber (and ekoa) instruments, but that wouldn't be the only thing we'd discuss.

As that previous thread closed in on 300 posts, there was some discussion about two wheeled conveyances; motorcycles and scooters. And, somehow, we still relate it to our carbon fiber guitar passion...

John, you are waiting until the end of July "to decide"?? That means another (indeterminate number of months) wait until you would have a new X7 in your hands?? Seems to me that the new X7 will be more of everything that makes the previous X7 so good.

I am excited to hear about the new offerings as they get into owners' hands.

Now, about that Grom of yours... you do know the meaning of "grom"... a grom is a young surfer who rips... a youngin' who can hang with the more experienced dudes. It also means "thunder" in several Slavic languages. Seems to be exactly what Honda had in mind with that small motorcycle.

Here is a link to the last of that previous "Who Knew?" thread, that I hope will be a continuation with this thread...

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...493826&page=20

Feel free to tell us about your guitar passions AND what else in your life that gets you revved up.

I think the personality types that stay with guitar have other traits in common. When Joan and I raced sailboats, we met other people who may have been my brothers and sisters from another Mother... motorcycles, flying, musicians, RV/camping enthusiasts, often self-employed.

Right now, we are about 1,600 miles away from our home port, with our motorhome as our base, while we look for cooler weather, great riding roads, seeing some long-time friends, and enjoying a change of pace. As always, a guitar is with us - once again it is my X7 because it fits so well with what we are doing.

We'll see what the rest of the summer has in store for us.

Welcome to this "continuation" thread! One other thing that goes well with my CF guitars is this place. And the people who make it special. Thanks for being here.

Oh, and Rufus, our sweet but tough feline family member...

I think Rufus can justify his own sub-forum. I will add my two babies: Junior and Prissy. They have accepted my OX "Slick" as long as I don't play with a pick!:lol BTW, I have owned MANY two-wheeled vehicles. My current project is an Ariel Square Four which is parked in my buddy's basement. After my last bone breaker, my wife said "No more". My favorite scooter was a Lambretta TV200. Much better made than a Vespa!!! I am too fragile and my reflexes are too slow to ride anymore so most of my gear is long gone BUT I ran across an old helmet if anyone wants it. Just pay for the shipping. it is a CKX, burgundy, full head, flip up visor, size large, made in Taiwan.

Last edited by Braindead; 07-06-2018 at 06:16 AM.