View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I'm not sure I really get the question? Especially since any good mix on my home stereo or studio system sounds fine (albeit less dynamic) on my I phone even with just the built in speaker. Guess I'll have to listen closer.

And maybe I have not been paying attention but everybody I see listening on ear buds has a pair?

And when a playback system is actually putting out mono isn't it just putting putting both the L and R into one combo output?

The only thing I have noticed about trying to get a mix to sound good on limited playback systems is if the mix has lows like a kick drum or bass gtr. you seem to loose everything below about 150 hz so I tend to boost 100 to 250 a bit to keep the low instruments still audible
If its a 'good mix' chances are that it has been checked by the mixing engineer in mono so that it will sound good in mono - it isn't just 'chance'!

Two earbuds - not necessarily these days.

As to boosting the lows for 'limited playback systems' - umm ... you're boosting the lows on your mix, so now on a GOOD playback system the lows are too loud!

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele